One more feature request.

Guest Eric.

I'm not sure if there is currently anything like this yet, but if not here is what I am requesting. A moderation option to copy a topic, an easy way to make a carbon copy of a topic to another forum.

For example. If someone posts, lets say a "New Users Guide". But I want members to be able to reply to it if they have questions - An announcement won't work. I only want it in the 3 most popular forums. A member can create the topic, and I can copy that topic to another forum I choose. A new topic ID is made, but with the same author/content. A feature that says "Copy All Replies (Y/N)" or something like that would be nice to, if I don't want to duplicate the replies.

Is there currently a way to do this that I'm missing?

That could take a while W4C. A suggestion to this: (If implemented) be able to 'mass' copy it. Say you want it in 10 forums instead of just 2 or 3; but you dont' want to keep going back to the original and selecting it from a drop down box. What about a list of the forums with a check box next to it.

Also an option (ACP forum?) of weather the forum can or can't have copied topics -- if can't don't show the forum (no check box in the moderator option's).

Maybe the ability to 'share' a topic between forums would be good. Whereby if there is reply in the topic in one forum, it goes to the duplicate in another forum.

Maybe this is a little bit out of the range of a forum software.

As far as I'm aware, there is no way of completing this currently.

Though, your suggestion does make sense; however can't you just get the author to copy and paste the topic?

Very true, but if the author isn't around and you want the author's name to appear, then you can create a new topic copy/paste the BBCODE. But to get the author's name to show up you need to edit the post in something like phpmyadmin, I just think a Duplicate Topic feature would come in handy.

Archived