Trash Can

Guest Rοb

Just a couple of small suggestions...

1. You delete an entire forum (which has several sub-forums) and send the lot to the "Trash Can" forum.

2. You then empty the trash can.

STOP... you can't do that because there's no option to "mass delete" sub-forums & posts!

This has happened a couple of times to me whilst re-organising my forums.

I would like to see an option to properly empty the "Trash Can" forum (or any other for that matter) where it is possible to delete an entire forum (including sub-forums) with one click instead of doing them one by one...

"Trash Can Task". Automatically delete the trashcan contents every X days with (obviously) the option to enable/disable the task and change the # of days.

I don;t think there is a task for removing the trash but you can already remove everything from there. Just select prune/mass move from the options menu, make sure prune only/don't move is selected and then remove the not if pinned topic tick, and click check form submission and it'll delete all the topics in there.

I don;t think there is a task for removing the trash but you can already remove everything from there. Just select prune/mass move from the options menu, make sure prune only/don't move is selected and then remove the not if pinned topic tick, and click check form submission and it'll delete all the topics in there.

I'm talking about removing the actual forum itself (including sub-forum(s)), not just the topics/posts inside :)

Personally, I'd like to see the ability to do that. Typically trash cans don't get purged, especially not automatically, unless you use a task. Allowing the "empty" button to allow the destruction recursively (optional the the user default to no) would make things easier on me, especially when reusing development forums databases :P

Archived