"Yearly License"

Guest TheSupportGuy.Com

Hi,

I would like to know what happens now if a Yearly license expire. I had heard that people who still had them will be upgraded to Standard license. I have a yearly license which i bought last year in April 2006, it was showing as standard license now as support expired i a unable to download or see the license at all.

Anyone know anything about the old/new license upgradation matter ?

Thank you!

I will open up a ticket right now. but any know what is/was the policy of IPS for the users who were on Yearly License. Do they have to pay 149 all over again ?

No. It is a pity the comprehensive FAQs we wrote (well, I wrote. Charles stole it I tell you!) are gone, but it basically goes like this.

Expiry Date before 2.2 Changeover -> License expires, no free upgrade
Expiry Date after 2.2 Changeover -> License upgraded to Standard, $25/6mo Renewal

No. It is a pity the comprehensive FAQs we wrote (well, I wrote. Charles stole it I tell you!) are gone, but it basically goes like this.

Expiry Date

before

2.2 Changeover -> License expires, no free upgrade

Expiry Date

after

2.2 Changeover -> License upgraded to Standard, $25/6mo Renewal

Correct me if i am wrong, according to "Expiry Date after 2.2 Changeover -> License upgraded to Standard, $25/6mo Renewal"

i should have access to the IPB license and download area ? Right?

Correct me if i am wrong, according to "Expiry Date

after

2.2 Changeover -> License upgraded to Standard, $25/6mo Renewal"

i should have access to the IPB license and download area ? Right?

No, because it would change from Yearly to Standard at its expiry date (April 2007, by your admission)

Now that that has occurred, you may not download updates or access support until you visit the "Your Invoices" area and pay the $25 invoice for support renewal.

Thank you for you reply "Kyanar". But i am confused. Does it mean the new standard license are more less the same as yearly license, once the support period is over you can not download or use the license at all unless renew it ?.

Currently, IPS Panel does not allow to download neither 2.2.2 nor 2.1.7 version of the IPB. Not having access to updates does i can not download a person which get releases after the expiry date, shouldn't i able to download the releases which were out before my license expired ?

I am just confused as recently I bought this license from someone, and i was told that I would be able to use the license without renewing support (as it is/was optional).

Please e-mail sales@invisionpower.com, and we will be happy to look into the details of your account. Generally, the license is transferred to a Standard license and a $25 invoice is placed on your account. You must renew every six months for $25 in order to maintain access to downloads and support. It is likely that you have a pending invoice on your account which is limiting your ability to download the software. Once again, if you send an e-mail to sales we'll be able to help you out with more details. As this is not really company feedback, I will close this topic.

Archived