Conspiracy or not

Guest Jaggi

If they do that...then they have to add bbcode for every other code syntax and highlight. I'd wait for a revision that allows php parsing of text. This will allow users to expand it as necessary to do something like this.

well they added sql it just seems the natural addition is php. I'm not asking for other languages but your point of adding support for all code version however valid is irrelevant as the simple argument is ipb is coded in php/sql about 99% so it supports those two language parsing.

....they HAD php syntaxing by default.....

when ? :blink: I've been here since the beginning and I honestly don't rememeber that ever being available.

I've always wondered about this myself, because compared to the SQL and HTML highlighting it is much easier as PHP itself provides a function to actually do this highlight_string() granted the HTML isn't as clean

Actually, I believe it actually used highlight back then. The issue with highlight is that it isn't always configured (the colors in php.ini) and the output is not very...nice to look at (the actual code to accomplish it in html), I also think that it doesn't validate completely. Of course, if it was highlight_syntax, it has been awhile since it was checked in to. I still think it is better suited as a modification for now and left to the bbcode reformat later (one that will allow php parsing of incoming data).

• 2 weeks later...

Archived