Suggestion / Idea: Quote and Quoting

Guest Keven Fox

Okay came up with an idea after seeing so many quoted people and other sites that maybe IP.Board could have 2 quote tags.

What I mean is you use normal quote when replying, or mass replying.

Then when you want to quote an article or something you use another quote which looks different.

Good idea? It would just look a bit different I guess.

What do you think?

If you need to show that you're quoting someone in particular on the thread, then you use the reply button or the quote button. If you don't care about that, you use the quote button in the editor. Personally, I don't see the need for much more. Too many options would just clutter up the editor IMO.

Not even close Digi, I'm talking totally different then just putting the name of who was quoted. As kewlceo stated a citation of sort that would totally appear different in how it's done. It wold probably be best if it's not even like the codebox, quotebox etc but some new format too.

That is why the custom BBcode system was developed. The only thing you cannot do with the quote box above is post an actual link inside the header (besides to a post or member profile). This could easily rectified by developing a new customer bbcode called "citation" and formatting it to allow such things. I don't see the purpose of putting something like this by default when the features to expand it easily yourself are already there. :)

I'd agree - just use the custom bbcode manager. I don't like the idea of adding *more* default bbcodes when you can make any that you want yourself. In fact, I'd personally like to remove some of the ones included and move them to custom bbcodes, but that's me.

Archived