IPB 2.2 GDK

Guest Cherrymenthol

The dude who made the first one said he doesn't do work for IPB anymore - that said a gdk for the blog sprang up in my client center a few days ago made by the same person.....

James Mathias doesn't want to do work for IP.Board anymore because he believes it is "pure bloatware." He probably did it for IPB.Blog because he believes differently about it (I don't know, that's what I'd get logically out of it?). Also, I do agree that the IP.Board 2.0 GDK needs to be updated to 2.2.x.

James Mathias doesn't want to do work for IP.Board anymore because he believes it is "pure bloatware." He probably did it for IPB.Blog because he believes differently about it (I don't know, that's what I'd get logically out of it?). Also, I do agree that the IP.Board 2.0 GDK needs to be updated to 2.2.x.

Please, do not speak on my behalf.

My reasoning for dropping IPB support is not due to my feeling that it has become bloatware. It was a business (monetary) decision, based on other factors.

As for the GDK, I created a basic GDK for IPB and for ICB at the same time, as to when it was made available to customers, I have/had no control over that. So I couldn't explain why it was only given to customers a few days ago. But I can say I did not recently create it, it was created at the same time as the original work was completed, over a year ago.

Archived