Suggestion

Guest tomek__w

I think the current format of topics in the forums is pretty good but one thing I would like to see is the date the topic was started under the topic starters name.

No doubt there is a mod for this somewhere but it would be nice to have it as standard.

Yes, No, Maybe?

Look at the first post, then look to the right of the topic-starter's name. Doesn't that kind of indicate when the topic was created? :lol:

Ahhhhhh, my fault as I was not clear enough!

I meant in the forum itself rather than in the topic view - see attached pic

post-46968-1166150032_thumb.jpg

ie have the topic start date under the topic starters name.

I think the best way to implement this would be to have it display the 'topic created' date when you hover over the topic title, but I'm sure IPS could think of a better way. But this does need to be added. ;)

Sorry for the misunderstanding.

Wow, look at my above post - that's what I suggested just before you posted! :blink:

I think the best way to implement this would be to have it display the 'topic created' date when you hover over the topic title, but I'm sure IPS could think of a better way.

I think the best way to implement this would be to have it display the 'topic created' date when you hover over the topic title, but I'm sure IPS could think of a better way. But this does need to be added. ;)

Sorry for the misunderstanding.

Having the date displayed when you hover over it is an even better idea, I'll go with that.

No misunderstanding - just me being as clear as mud!

It's sort of there - if you hover over the topic title, it'll show you the topic creation time in the tooltip :)

Arrrggghhh! I had not spotted that before.

I am obviously going to have to do a bit more hovering - and I don't mean with my model helicopter!

Don't you just love IPB!

[edit] That's interesting, it doesn't seem to work in the 'View New Posts' view though!

Archived