v3 Personal Message

Guest Jaggi

If you're pming all of your members... wouldn't a topic be better? It would require far less database space I believe.

That's why the current PM system is not well suited for mass messaging... however a "personal topic" system would solve that issue.

P.S. I'm sorry but KX why did you bother getting into this topic with a reply like that? No need to make him feel like an idiot when it's already been pointed out (twice) that he may have mis-read things... -.-;

yea i think i get it now, kinda saw the ip.d post a while ago when it was first posted on matt's blog. I get what you mean tho and how mass pm'in members would cause more load then this format. Does seem like a nice solution, its kinda brief tho so not sure if it has an option to add entire groups to the topic or not so if not that would be something worth adding. Also not sure whats the alert system used on this and whether it'll be as "urgent" as a personal message as people always consider pm's to urgent and check them immediately and the alert system in the form of a popup make sure people visit as soon as they check the forum (in theory).

true but if someone doesn't mention them then they'll never get added and they aren't trivial, e.g. being able to contact entire groups of members is a much needed and important feature and if it doesn't alert members then this whole project to replace or addon to pm's is no good because then comes back to pm feature needing option to pm entire groups.

Archived