Take serious complaints to heart

Guest PurpleRain

I read the forum rules where is stated:

If you have an issue concerning our services, policies, or staff, please use a personal contact method such as a private message or email to a staff member. All moderators, administrators, and support staff are highlighted in the active members list.

We take serious complaints to heart and will do our best to address them.

Since I read in the forum rules that issue concerning your services should be addressed by private message or email, yesterday I contacted one of the members highlighted as IPS staff via PM.

My concern was/is about customer support. I understand how busy you are since the new release, I really do. However, I have a ticket open that has been open for 3 days, and it has been 30 hours since I received any response. The staff of Invision performed the upgrade on my board and it didn't go well. My board has been closed for over 2 days now, and while I understand that it is not your number one propriety, waiting 3 days for support is frustrating. Even more so when the members of your community keep emailing you asking you to resolve the issue. I called customer support by phone this morning and no one was available to help there either.

I have concerns about the way the upgrade of my board has been conducted and concerns about the staff member who performed the upgrade and communicated with me in the past days. So, following your rules I contacted a staff member by PM. It is stated that you "take serious complaints to heart and will do our best to address them." Is this true? Because I'm tracking the PM I sent and it hasn't even be read by the staff member.

I saw him online when I sent the PM, hours after, this morning. Still, he hasn't even opened the PM. I wouldn't complain if he hadn't replied because, again, it's a busy time... but not even opened it?

I'm wondering if you really do take complaints to the heart considering that months ago I sent a PM to another staff member with a concern about your service, and that one also was never even opened.... not even months after I sent it.

Granted, there are less workers available on the weekend (my bad for requesting to upgrade on Friday), granted you are flooded with support tickets to answer.... but it has been 3 days, my ticket has not been answered in over 30 hours, phone support didn't work, the PM hasn't even been opened. Things don't look too bright over here.

• Management

I have reviewed your ticket. Yours is a unique situation and I apologize for the confusion. Your ticket was moved up to our advanced support department which is handled by our development staff who are looking directly at your problem. Actually, there is a discussion internally related to your ticket and it appears to be a problem with the older PHP version running on your web server.

I understand none of the above is great comfort as it was not communicated to you. I will check with the support department on why you were not told that your request was being escalated and still worked on for a fix.

Finally, a fix has been identified for your problem and is currently being tested. I should think that within the next hour or so it can be applied to your installation and integrated with the distribution.

Finally, a fix has been identified for your problem and is currently being tested. I should think that within the next hour or so it can be applied to your installation and integrated with the distribution.

Thank you, I will let my members know that we will be open again shortly. I appreciate your response.

Archived