IPBot What the heck?

Guest leatherface

• Management

I'm not sure who is responsible for that, but it certainly isn't us.

Here's is the WHOIS information for that domain name:

Domain ID:D12082063-LRMS

Domain Name:BOT-TEST.INFO

Created On:10-Feb-2006 12:03:42 UTC

Last Updated On:11-Apr-2006 20:32:37 UTC

Expiration Date:10-Feb-2007 12:03:42 UTC

Sponsoring Registrar:OVH SARL (R268-LRMS)

Registrant ID:LSVEUV6186-OVH

Registrant Name:Bojanowski Marcin

Registrant Organization:

Registrant Street1:Spoldzielcow 21 b 4

Registrant Street2:

Registrant Street3:

Registrant City:Szczecin-Mierzyn

Registrant State/Province:

Registrant Postal Code:72006

Registrant Country:PL

Registrant Phone:+33.914869654

Registrant Phone Ext.:

Registrant FAX:

Registrant FAX Ext.:

Registrant *****************@wi.ps.pl

Admin ID:YSIEHI9520-OVH

Admin Name:Bojanowski Marcin

Admin Organization:

Admin Street1:Spoldzielcow 21 b 4

Admin Street2:

Admin Street3:

Admin City:Szczecin-Mierzyn

Admin State/Province:

Admin Postal Code:72006

Admin Country:PL

Admin Phone:+33.914869654

Admin Phone Ext.:

Admin FAX:

Admin FAX Ext.:

Admin *****************@wi.ps.pl

Billing ID:YSIEHI9520-OVH

Billing Name:Bojanowski Marcin

Billing Organization:

Billing Street1:Spoldzielcow 21 b 4

Billing Street2:

Billing Street3:

Billing City:Szczecin-Mierzyn

Billing State/Province:

Billing Postal Code:72006

Billing Country:PL

Billing Phone:+33.914869654

Billing Phone Ext.:

Billing FAX:

Billing FAX Ext.:

Billing *****************@wi.ps.pl

Tech ID:YSIEHI9520-OVH

Tech Name:Bojanowski Marcin

Tech Organization:

Tech Street1:Spoldzielcow 21 b 4

Tech Street2:

Tech Street3:

Tech City:Szczecin-Mierzyn

Tech State/Province:

Tech Postal Code:72006

Tech Country:PL

Tech Phone:+33.914869654

Tech Phone Ext.:

Tech FAX:

Tech FAX Ext.:

Tech *****************@wi.ps.pl

Name Server:NS.OVH.NET

Name Server:DNS.OVH.NET

Me too, from this morning I have 67 "members" with a xxx@bot-test.info as mail and all they are waiting for the canvalidation.
Luckily in my forum you have to send an email of convalidation and then the Admin approves or deletes the account.
If you tell me that they are spy bot I continue to delete all the accounts, but is it boring to delete more than 50 "members" a day.....

• Management

You can use the wildcard character '*' when entering a new item into the ban list.

So, for example, if the two IP addresses were: 127.0.0.1 and 127.0.0.2, simply enter: 127.0.0.* as an IP address ban.

Similarly, you can add *@bot-test.info into the email address ban list.

It's getting so bad that e-mail validation does nothing, I am approving by admin :(

I'm getting all the same probs but don't have a clue how to set up email validation or admin approval. I'm happy to do both, could anyone please give me instructions how to do it, I'm not a complete technophobe but just can't find it!

Cheers
Malc

you think that's bad, I'm getting paid double to break the new improved captcha, the seedy russians with their commerical discussion board marketing solutions have excellent developer service (w00t) :ph34r:

There is a certain one that is unbreakable, like the guys at MIT couldn't break it, due to the manipulation being so abstract that computers can't read it, I don't know why we don't change to that.

But hardly anyone uses it, even though it's the most effective.

I'm not sure who is responsible for that, but it certainly isn't us.

Here's is the WHOIS information for that domain name:

OMG! If this whois is correct... the guy lives about 500 meters from me... and if the e-mail is correct he works at the Polytechnic University... I'm sure they would be interested to know this... Hmm... someone could actually be using fictitious @bot-test.info e-mail accounts. Have any of the registrations been validated by the user (has the link in the e-mail been clicked)?

OMG! If this whois is correct... the guy lives about 500 meters from me... and if the e-mail is correct he works at the Polytechnic University... I'm sure they would be interested to know this... Hmm... someone could actually be using fictitious @bot-test.info e-mail accounts. Have any of the registrations been validated by the user (has the link in the e-mail been clicked)?

Destroy him, make an example of his corpse.

Or ask him to stop.

You can use the wildcard character '*' when entering a new item into the ban list.

So, for example, if the two IP addresses were: 127.0.0.1 and 127.0.0.2, simply enter: 127.0.0.* as an IP address ban.

Similarly, you can add *@bot-test.info into the email address ban list.

Does anyone have a list of IP addresses to use to ban these bots?

I'm getting all the same probs but don't have a clue how to set up email validation or admin approval. I'm happy to do both, could anyone please give me instructions how to do it, I'm not a complete technophobe but just can't find it!

Cheers

Malc

If you have 2.1.7
Admin CP-->Tools and setting-->Security and Privacy (in System Settings or View All General Settings, it's the same thing)
Find New registration email validation? and select User than Admin validation.
In this way a new member has to send a n email of validatione and then you as admin have to validate the account

Destroy him, make an example of his corpse.

Or ask him to stop.

I actually mailed the owner. He claimed the domain was being used by the University for some kind of research and had some kind of software installed that allowed anyone to create an e-mail alias with forwarding. Apparently this had been misused. He wrote me back that he had deleted all accounts and suspended the alias system...

since this was brought up. I just want to say how do they word when the 4 digit system is activated ? because my board is getting spammed and what i find wired is that they use bbocode for their links wtf ? to be honest my site is being heavly spammed to a point i had to disable some features. Its really becoming annoying

Archived