Anti spam Measures

Guest R0CKY

I've been having a lot problems with spammers to a point a spammer expolited IPB 2.1.7 and ended up with empty upload, skin, catche, content catche folders gone. I'm really sick of the spam. What sounds what Vbb has works great,because spammers have to post a few times, but once they cought on it be more a problem.

I'd like to know where this is, I run a vBulletin Board with more spam than my IPB board.

Someone posted a suggestion for having a Custom Profile Field on the registration page that asks a question, if the person doesn't get the right answer they can't register. However, I see no way of doing that under Custom Profile Field in Admin CP, as there is nowhere to put the required answer. Does anyone know how it would work?

<_<

That mod looks interesting.
On invision's say-so (help from my client center) i made new users go to a gropu that doesnt allow new topics to escape moderation queve in the most-viewed/first forum taht they always go to.
30 spammers in less than a week, but not one post got through. I then started using the ban filters for the 5 most popular email domains they come from, and its really dying down. I recommend all of this, as i hate restricing the actual newbies more than i have to, though i admit, with almost 8,000 spam mails this month alone, and several hundred spammers in a short season, it was getting bad.

Archived