Edited by:

Guest kamasheto

Add the 'Edit by' line in this post?

Seems to have no effect whatsoever on editing posts, if selected ofcourse thru the Full edit-version.

I was wondering, wouldn't it be a good idea to add that to the quick edit as well? Just a little box next to the reason that says add edit by line or something, just because sometimes it is easier to just edit someone post the quick way and insert the line, just easier for overall moderation.

In topics.php ~ Lines 889, Replacing

$row['edit_by'] = "";

if ( ($row['append_edit'] == 1) and ($row['edit_time'] != "") and ($row['edit_name'] != "") )
        {
            $e_time = $this->ipsclass->get_date( $row['edit_time'] , 'LONG' );

$row['edit_by'] = $this->ipsclass->compiled_templates['skin_topic']->edited_by( sprintf($this->ipsclass->lang['edited_by'], $row['edit_name'], $e_time) );
        }

With

//$row['edit_by'] = "";

if ( ($row['append_edit'] == 1) and ($row['edit_time'] != "") and ($row['edit_name'] != "") )
        {
            $e_time = $this->ipsclass->get_date( $row['edit_time'] , 'LONG' );

$row['post'] .= $this->ipsclass->compiled_templates['skin_topic']->edited_by( sprintf($this->ipsclass->lang['edited_by'], $row['edit_name'], $e_time) );
        }

Fixes the issue (seems it was not appending the edit_by at all to post). Would still be interesting to add the edit checkbox in quick edit.

and in xmlout.php, ~ Line 1292

if ( $this->post->post['append_edit'] == 1 AND $this->post->post['edit_time'] AND $this->post->post['edit_name'] )
        {
            $e_time = $this->ipsclass->get_date( $this->post->post['edit_time'] , 'LONG' );
            $raw_post .= "<br /><br /><span class='edit'>".sprintf($this->ipsclass->lang['edited_by'], $this->post->post['edit_name'], $e_time)."</span>";
        }

Needs to be moved to ~ Line 1257, to familiarize the looks after quick editing.

If yuo read my bug report, Brandon had said he forgot to put the variable into the template bit. I had suggested that they put it in the template bit rather than hard code it into topics.php, and he did so, but in RC1 he has forgotten to put that into the template. I am tired, so don't have time to find the bug report this second, whioch tells the variable to put into it.

Archived