Page freezes @ .png files

Guest theclub

When using IE, and clicking on a page containing .png files, the page freezes up when it stops loading.

The more .png files on the page, the longer it freezes.

This is particulary evident on Alex Duggen's forum as his members have a lot of these files in their sigs.

:(

Sounds like Alex has a javascript file for IE6 to "fix" a PNG alpha transparency problem that exists in IE6 and below. The only way to do away with it would be to have Alex disable the script, or the users in IE disable Javascript on Alex's site.

Disabling Javascript is not an option while browsing an IPB forum.

l'm having a problem now with .Will's sig.

When the page loads it hangs here for about 30 seconds ..

png01.jpg

When it finally loads, the page freezes for about one and a half to two minutes, and the pic doesn't appear ...

png02.jpg

As I said before, this happens to me on nearly every page on Alex's Forum, but not as bad as this, just 5-10 seconds.

I have the png fix on my forum, but that shouldn't affect here surely.

:unsure:

Check what program is set as default for png files, i know that quicktime tries to open them instead of something else... open quicktime and change the options to stop it being default for png files...

I remember having that problem when using windows, can't check now since i'm using a mac and the pc is in the cupboard collecting dust :D

Wow, that's weird ... I only changed it yesterday so I could open some png buttons from my server directly into Photoshop.

Changing it back to Windows Picture and Fax Viewer did the trick here, but not at Alex's forum, which still freezes for me, and others.

Archived