Hide Individual Signatures

Guest Tomi

Ever see those members with extremely long signatures which take up your whole screen? Yes, you could disable all signatures, and problem solved, but what if you actually want to see most signatures, but it's just those long signatures just annoy you?

It'd be great if you could hide individual signatures, which would take care of those extremely long signatures rather easily, while still being able to see everyone else's reasonably sized signatures.

I did a search, and I don't think I found anyone's suggested it yet. If so, sorry about that. And yes, I just came across a long signature on a forum I go to. >_<

As a similar suggestion, how about a feauture where a signature is only appended to the first post by a given member, and not seen again anywhere else in the topic?

That somewhat defeats even having a signature, if it'll only be visible if it's the topic starter's post. :unsure:

That somewhat defeats even having a signature, if it'll only be visible if it's the topic starter's post. :unsure:

I've seen this feature suggested before in the past. It's designed to keep signatures from being displayed over and over again, especially larger ones that have banner ads. Naturally, it could be toggled on/off via the ACP.

You misunderstand. They don't mean just the topic starter will have their signature shown.

What they're referring to is every person who posts in any given topic will have their signature displayed only on their first post in that topic, regardless of how many posts they actually make in that topic.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived