What about mod center in IPB 2.2

Guest donal

It is the same, however in 2.1 global mods were not notified *if* there was a local moderator in the forum - in 2.2, global mods are also notified (I had heard complaints from some sites that the global mods were left entirely out of the loop many times due to this).

We are discussing enhancing this in 3.0 however. We just didn't have enough time to totally revamp it in 2.2.

It is the same, however in 2.1 global mods were not notified *if* there was a local moderator in the forum - in 2.2, global mods are also notified (I had heard complaints from some sites that the global mods were left entirely out of the loop many times due to this).

We are discussing enhancing this in 3.0 however. We just didn't have enough time to totally revamp it in 2.2.

In all honesty, for 3.0, you guys should just incoperate mod center, it's a lot less hastle then 3 mods getting PMs and jumping on something. :P

• 4 months later...

Do you mean "there will be an option to report both or just to local moderators in IPB 3.0" by saying enhancing? :unsure:

Otherwise how can you enhance it more? :mellow:

But is that actually the case?

In sources\action_public\misc\contact_member.php, moderators are picked out in the send_report() function. However, if local moderators exist then I can't see any code selecting global moderators as well.

In fact, I've made a modification that lets you decide precisely who should receive those reports, it's called (OV22) Report Receivers v1.0. I've also got a mod that starts a topic in the staff forum for each report instead of sending out reports as PMs or emails, it's called (OV22) Reports as Topics v1.0.

I simply have my reported posts dumped to a mod forum. A reported post creates a new topic.

Includes the reported post text (in case another mod deletes it, and the admin wants to see it (suspend user etc))
Includes the IP of the poster for the admin reasons above.

It is a life saver...simple and functional.

• 3 weeks later...

The Moderator Center modification (component) that we're using is working out great. I'd recommend just taking that idea- enhancing it slightly, and incorporating it into 3.0.

One thing: right now, there's no option to show reports to global moderators or just 'forum-specific moderators'. Right now, the reports are just shown to everybody that has moderator permissions in the forum where post was reported from. So it'd be nice if an option was built-in to the individual forum settings, "Show reports to global moderators? -> Hide, Show, Show only if over 10 minutes unattended"

Also, right now, when a moderator CLICKS on a report, a pop-up DOM box pops up, and then you click 'View' to go to the topic. It'd be better if (a) the reported post, and maybe up to 3 before it, is displayed in the DOM box as well (in a tab on the DOM box). -and- (b) when a moderator clicks on the name of the report to open that DOM pop-up box, the mode of the report should automatically change to 'under review'. On high traffic forums, often several moderators click a report even though somebody's already taking care of it.

More information would be nicer right in the ModCenter... like the IP and the person who's being reported.

Also- reporting will work awesome if built into profiles and also IP-Blogs.

Archived