install loop 2.2 B2

Guest hwarren

I am trying to install with a brand new database and keep getting stuck in a loop. The install complestes successfully and I verify that tables are created but when it completes and I try to go the forum it says the installer is locked and to delete lock.php. When I do this it just wants to go through the install process all over again. I've done this several times each time wiping the database clean on the server end...any ideas???

when I do this (did it last night and just tried again) I get a 404. So something is not being read or passed properly, like it ONLY wants the index.php from the install dir. I'll try and recopy all the files and see if it makes a difference.

Edit/add:

also my conf_global.php does not appear to contain any information. When I open the file I simply see <?php?> isn't this usually where the database connection information is usually stored?

I'm running a windows web server. I have the current stable release running fine and I've been using IPB for a while now. I'm thinking your correct, it could be a permissions error, with the other versions I would get the option to download the conf_global with the correct settings and then I would just copy it back to the server...I'm not getting this option with the beta installer. I'll look at my permisisons.

Archived