Installed 2.2 beta 2

Guest GerryMc

What a nightmare, even after installation and setting it up ( on a new database ) and then installed the release of the Gallery beta, I got nothing but errors and a broken board.

I immediatly got this:-

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare class class_xml in /home/httpd/vhosts/royal********ers.co.uk/httpdocs/Forum/sources/api/api_core.php on line 0

(obviously website protected with stars by me), now I have an orange box where the componants should be stating it needs GD2 set (which Is) and that the paths to the images and uploads dirs are not set but they are. Here is a preview:-

Warning: Possible errors found in gallery settings

Type of Error Affected Setting Possible Solution
Image directory doesn't exist Directory to store images? Ensure that the path is correct
No Image URL URL to stored images? Enter the URL for your images directory
GD2 Detected Select an Image Suite to use While your gallery will work, it is recommend you switch to GD2 as it will produce better results, GD reports your version as: bundled (2.0.12 compatible)

And thats from a completely fresh install. Any comments please.

Warning: Possible errors found in gallery settings

Type of Error Affected Setting Possible Solution

Image directory doesn't exist Directory to store images? Ensure that the path is correct

No Image URL URL to stored images? Enter the URL for your images directory

GD2 Detected Select an Image Suite to use While your gallery will work, it is recommend you switch to GD2 as it will produce better results, GD reports your version as: bundled (2.0.12 compatible)

This is normal. :) It's informing you that your settings are not correct, and that you should update them. We could of course remove this, but then you'd not know that what is set is not accurate, and wonder why your gallery does not work.

Can you access the settings for gallery? If not, from the settings overview page, reupload the gallery settings.xml file (it's under resources/gallery in the package). Then set the image suite to GD2, correct your image path and url, and you should be good to go.

We have/are looking into the error you are mentioning during install - I believe it's already been corrected.

Archived