Time Format

Guest Masta2002

To format dates in other languages, you should use the setlocale() and strftime() functions instead of date().

my request was marked as "Bogus". I think this isn't really the right way :D

hardcodedatesi1.th.jpg
please help me to get this made... it's really annoying having the English date all over the Forum. The only "fix" atm is disabling the "Long" Date and wrinting 10 instead of "Oktober" (in German its a bit different")

Is it possible to set the time and date format with langpacks?

So when german is selectet the Board shows 24h and when english is selectet it shows 12h AM/PM?

the best solution is as useroption so everyone can set it as he likes it! Like it is in other Boards (phpbb, vbb, etc.)

Its not really user friendly as it is now

To format dates in other languages, you should use the

setlocale()

and

strftime()

functions instead of

date()

my request was marked as "Bogus". I think this isn't really the right way :D

hardcodedatesi1.th.jpg

please help me to get this made... it's really annoying having the English date all over the Forum. The only "fix" atm is disabling the "Long" Date and wrinting 10 instead of "Oktober" (in German its a bit different")

No, I speak for the profil on 2.2. Look this please

hatati0.jpg

Born 8/29/1983 and no 29/08/1983.
Can you understand me?

yeah, i know. but i think that we should report all date-things as one error report. The Birthdate field in the profile seems to ignore the date paramaters (read about it some time before... wait until beta 2, should be fixed there?)

@NTGforum: i know, talked to Fabien some time ago ;)

yeah. would be the same "error" in the final.. they'll not change it before 3.0 (all the date issues). i think its ok, if 3.0 deals with all the other language things, too ;)

They say for every major release that they will change the language system and add tee ACP etc. and close to the release they delay this features for the next major release! So i cant belive that it will chanced for 3.0

Ok... I looked into this and it seems that the strftime function uses different formatting that date() does. If it was as simple as changing the date function in ipsclass's date handler function (which should be one line change), then they would do it. But from the looks of it they would have to change the settings to reflect the format accepted by strftime... And the format date() uses is a standard, and is widely used...

As far as the setlocale be called inside the lang_global file?

Why not make the time Format (12h/24h) as an user option in 2.2?

On big boards with users from around the world its better to let the user set this option and not the admin!

I agree. On my own board, I have 24 hour time as the standard, but I know that some of my users would prefer the more traditional 12 hour system.

• 7 months later...

Archived