Missing left aligned when posting

Guest robirming

I see. But making it smaller would still have the actual form to the left, making the options look strange when being a bit to the right, if I understand it right?

Then I vote for having the Topic Title, Topic Description, Poll Options, Post Options & Post Icons to the left in line with the left side of the post form. I think that would look a lot better. :)

I agree that I think the space is used pretty badly. There are a few things I find really disappointing.

1. The Dropdown smilies box. Certain smilies should be on display for easy access when posting. Are all smilies going to display in there? What about large or unusally sized ones? I think this is ok for a board that only has the default smilies, although I still think some should be instantly clickable, but this is going to cause serious problems for anyone who (like me) has around 50+ smilies.

2. The width of the text box just looks completely silly. Totally. It's too wide and too big. It's a terrible use of space.

3. Insert special item? No I want to insert a picture, why are you making me click more, isn't this suposed to improve usability?

4. The images used for the buttons are horrid (although that's minor and I can fix that myself). It doesn't look great. The alignment is mental though, why is some of it on the left and some on the right?

1. I agree, I liked the old way of dislaying some smileys for easy access.

2. And as many others, I agree that the width of the posting screen is just too much. Good to know that it's possible to set the width in the ACP though.

3. Yes, the 'Insert Special Item' does sound and feel confusing. In my opinion it would be much better to add a 'Aligment Options' dropdown and make buttons for the stuff in the 'Insert Special Item' dropdown. I hardly ever see people using the aligment options, while they do use linking, insert image etc very often.

4. -

That's a better idea. I can't speak for all forums but on mine images are posted all the time, and I can just hear them all complaining now that it will take them longer to post. Same with emoticons, all I would like is to display the 10 most used for easy clicking. I don't think these things are clutter if they serve a purpose.

Archived