GDK

Guest Mark

Yes, because all new major upgrades work perfectly out of the gate, lol. Do you realize it took almost a year for 2.1.x to attain "bulletproof" status? Out of date. Bah.

Yes, but a 2.1 GDK wouldn't help anyone. 2.2 would be more bulletproof than 2.1 anyway. With regards to errors and bugs, a GDK can't really contain them except for spellings, etc. Most of the graphics will be the same anyway between 2.1 and 2.2.

Yes, but a 2.1 GDK wouldn't help anyone. 2.2 would be more bulletproof than 2.1 anyway. With regards to errors and bugs, a GDK can't really contain them except for spellings, etc. Most of the graphics will be the same anyway between 2.1 and 2.2.

Jesus. I never "pushed" for the 2.1 GDK (it would be pointless to me since I fingured it out the hard way). I'm just saying it's not realistic to expect it so soon.

Where do you get "2.2 would be more bulletproof than 2.1 anyway"? If you add more features, you add more bugs. If 2.2 releases as a final and no point releases thereafter, I'll eat my hat with salt and pepper. :lol:

For the GDK, are you wanting something using the source of the default IPB images, for recolors and extra buttons?

Or just something that has all the images in so you can quickly replace them with your own?

Well, they might make us wait until IPB 3 since they are going on about the major skin reworks v3 will bring.

But I think one for 2.2 would be a good idea.

@kewlceo, my guess is, if they brought out one for 2.2, you would be able to use it for 2.1, chances are there wont be many changes to graphics except for added images.

Actually, to be perfectly honest, I would be contempt with just everything in the default style_images in 2.0 being put in.

My point is that someone has to have the PSDs (that someone being whoever creates the default skin) so why can't they share!?

For the GDK, are you wanting something using the source of the default IPB images, for recolors and extra buttons?

Or just something that has all the images in so you can quickly replace them with your own?

The defaults in PSD formats for editting text/colours, like the current 2.0 GDK

Archived