MySQL backup... looping?

Guest Strange_Will

I run a fairly slow server, and the MySQL backup always fails (300 second time out), it would be nice if it was like when you delete a lot of posts or something, where it loops through x queries, saves them in a file, loads you the page, and continues on.

Or am I the only one that can't back up their database? :P

Firstly, can't you backup your database via another method? If you run the server yourself or can run a cron job this shouldn't be a problem.

It could backup a table at a time, save the file, and then collect all the files, merge them into one and give it to the user, but that seems excessively complicated.

Firstly, can't you backup your database via another method? If you run the server yourself or can run a cron job this shouldn't be a problem.

It could backup a table at a time, save the file, and then collect all the files, merge them into one and give it to the user, but that seems excessively complicated.

All MySQL access I have is limited to remote PHP files, due to not having any old MySQL management software (3.45.??), when 2.2 comes out (MySQL 5 compatable right?) I'll be upgrading everything.

Archived