Bump On Edit

Guest TestingSomething

Topics should be bumpable when someone edits a post. Or at least if the last post in it is the one whichw as edited. That way people will notice it.

I personally think IPS has GOT to work on the report system too at some point where when someone reports a post it either freezes the post from ebing edited, or shows the entire contents of the post in the PM to the admin/mod. Thatw ay people can't change their post before it is viewed by staff.

Topics should be bumpable when someone edits a post. Or at least if the last post in it is the one whichw as edited. That way people will notice it.

I personally think IPS has GOT to work on the report system too at some point where when someone reports a post it either freezes the post from ebing edited, or shows the entire contents of the post in the PM to the admin/mod. Thatw ay people can't change their post before it is viewed by staff.

I agree that the entire post should be quoted to the admin/moderator when viewing a report. However, I don't think that 'Bump on edit' is a feature that would be needed on many boards.

I basically was meaning like the bump for vote option, where the admin can decide whether to sue it. Although I actually think the best idea is what eyedam said. Mark it as new posts. Only possibly have a different little icon than that red one. Maybe have it a green one for edit and a blue one for vote. Because people, including myself, are also confused by topics being bumped by votes, but I keep that option on, because otherwise people may forget it exists.

Maybe not bump up the thread list but it could be marked as having new posts (being unread). And only for the last post, of course.

Or perhaps have the thread/post marked as "updated" (using a whole new image of course).

Archived