Ignore feature

Guest .:NeMesiS:.

I don't know if this has been suggested or not. (sorry if it has)

But the ignore feature needs a major upgrade. All of my members complain that the ignore feature should have a complete ignore. Meaning, instead of seeing a " you have chosen to ignore this member" message. It should like that person never excited; even on replies.

Alot of other Message Board have this type ignore feature. Maybe we should too. :blush:

Thank you for your time.

I agree that the ignore feature should do just that... completely ignore the user.

Professor Piggy has a valid point though regarding the quoted posts.

If someoe quoted a post from one of your ignored users you are forced to read what your ignored user has put! (also how it is currently).

Unless the quote system is revised to go via member id rather than a stored display name (would require extra queries when rendering topics etc) , this feature could never really be foolproof.

Personally, I think it's sufficient how it is now - really changing it to "completely" ignore users would lead to a LOT of confusion - you'd see replies that just don't make sense, without knowing that someone you are ignoring posted before someone else's reply - also, as it is now allows you to see the post if you really want to, and just ignores what they wrote if you don't.

2.1.4 or 2.1.5 fixed the ability to read the person's reply in the topic summary, so you can't see it when you reply to a topic (unless you are quoting someone, etc.). I think it might put quite a bit of overhead on IPB to really try to enhance it dynamically like it's suggested above..

Archived