SMF to IPB 2.0(Trial) Problems

Guest Lance777

Hello,

My company staff has recently taken it in to conern and we've trying to change over from SMF 1.0.4 to IPB. However, not quite sure how our members/staffers will take to a new board change(we've been through about 5 different forum softwares before) so we're still debating whether or not we want to buy the upgraded version of IPB 2.1.

Right now we're trying to do a temporary switch to the IPB 2.0(Trial) but we've been having issues with it. I can manage to convert the members/topics/posts/database but for some reason the board shuts offline after the forum catagories are converted, and we're unable to login to the forums(even after a password recovery).

I'm not quite sure what the issue is but I've been doing some research and found out that a login file is required? Whether my sources are correct or not, it is most difinately the login function that isn't working properly. As a last resort, I was wondering if I could recieve some feedback(help) from IPB's services before I decide to call it quits on the whole IPB idea.

Thanks for your time.
(Hope this is posted in the right area) :)

I can asure you that you will not regret the changes :D Invision Power Board is a great forum solution. Even though Simple Machines Forum is also a great forum solution and its free. But with the purchase of a Invision Power Board license, there is alot more to follow. Like the customer service, etc.

Its quite simple! If you want a free forum solution, pick Simple Machines Forum.. If you want a paid and fully customer service solution, pick Invision Power Board. Even though IPB looks alot better then SMF. SMF is a great free forum solution.

Archived