Two suggestions

Guest theclub

First, the Trash Can; as it is it's quite useless, when a post is deleted it becomes a Topic in the trash can, so cannot be restored. The Trash Can should be more like Window's Recycle Bin, Admin should have a 'Restore' button.

Second, Admin CP time-outs; time-outs should be based on last action, not a set time, l've lost count of the times l've been in the middle of something only to click OK and find l've timed out! This is especially bad when you're doing skins, l changed a whole CSS once, took me ages, when l applied it l timed out and lost all my edits.

:)

First, the Trash Can; as it is it's quite useless, when a post is deleted it becomes a Topic in the trash can, so cannot be restored.

If you move the (trashed) topic from the recycle bin back to the forum, the original thread's in and merge the two - the result should be a perfect restore. Of course not the shortest way, but it works, it taht's what you need ;)

Regards
Geraint

• 3 weeks later...

I believe the trash can does not store the original location the the topic, there should be a way to restore or mass restore items back where they came from without manually guessing.

That's right, otherwise there's no point.

l lost another Admin session today after changing setting in the default skin's CSS, l lost all my work again, this really must be addressed, it's a major flaw!

:(

• 3 weeks later...

If you are hosted by us, I would certainly submit a ticket, especially if you can reproduce it. :)

Wait, now that I'm thinking about it.....you are saying that you, for example, go into the skin section, and work there for like 30 minutes or something, hit save, and you have been timed out?

Ahhh....that makes more sense. I was thinking, going into the skin section, edit, hit save, and the connection to the server timed out. That's different, I get what you mean now. See, this is really a security point more so than anything else. A good idea for you (especially with CSS, I do this myself just because it's easier) might be to copy/paste the contents to a notepad document, then do the edits, then copy and paste them back into the ACP. If it times out, you still have them in the notepad document and can just login and do it again.

Archived