Post Moderation [hide][/hide]

Guest SpireInc

I think it would be cool when moderating topics if a moderator could simply use [hide][/hide] to "hide" specific text from the public's view, except from moderators and administrators.... this way we won't have to actually delete content or split a topic or whatnot, it can remain in that same topic. Perhaps the actual poster can even see a "A moderator has chosen to hide this content" box.

Who's with me?

I think it would be cool when moderating topics if a moderator could simply use [hide][/hide] to "hide" specific text from the public's view, except from moderators and administrators.... this way we won't have to actually delete content or split a topic or whatnot, it can remain in that same topic. Perhaps the actual poster can even see a "A moderator has chosen to hide this content" box.

Who's with me?

If a post needs to be edited then it needs to be edited. There really is no reason to keep the unedited content. If you're worried about unfair moderation, set up the trashcan.

good idea, better than making complete posts invisible where only some text needs to be hidden.

+1 :)

I agree, +1 :)

If a post needs to be edited then it needs to be edited. There really is no reason to keep the unedited content. If you're worried about unfair moderation, set up the trashcan.

Look, people are giving suggestions and ideas, and if you don't like them (which is clearly evident in all your posts in this suggestions and ideas forum), please refrain from degrading user's ideas as it is frowned upon. <_<

Look, people are giving suggestions and ideas, and if you don't like them (which is clearly evident in all your posts in this suggestions and ideas forum), please refrain from degrading user's ideas as it is frowned upon. <_<

I give my honest opinion regarding the use(ful/less)ness of the mods mentioned in this forum. I do not post nasty remarks about all of them. One of my particular favorites up for grabs is the starring mod.

• 1 month later...

Archived