Topic views caching - confuses almost everyone

Guest nicoo

The new feature in IPB 2.1 to cache the topic-views may be a good thing, but as long as it stays at 0, most people are confused, particularly if there are already answers in the thread.

Here on IPS-Board it is ok, as most people either read that this is a feautre in the IPB_2.1 Road Map or somewhere it is explained in some threads.
But on non IPB-related content forums, this won't/may not be discussed, and it really appears to be a bug if you are not aware of this feauture.

I think writing "-" instead of "0" could help not to confuse the users as much as their are now.
I am trying to find a better solution, but don't find anything better.
Or perhaps "u" as abbreviation for unknown ?

By the way, I am aware, that caching can be minimized/disabled, but it would be usefull for boards that want to use it.

The new feature in IPB 2.1 to cache the topic-views may be a good thing, but as long as it stays at 0, most people are confused, particularly if there are already answers in the thread.

Here on IPS-Board it is ok, as most people either read that this is a feautre in the IPB_2.1

Road Map

or somewhere it is explained in some threads.

But on non IPB-related content forums, this won't/may not be discussed, and it really appears to be a bug if you are not aware of this feauture.

I think writing "-" instead of "0" could help not to confuse the users as much as their are now.

I am trying to find a better solution, but don't find anything better.

Or perhaps "u" as abbreviation for unknown ?

By the way, I am aware, that caching can be minimized/disabled, but it would be usefull for boards that want to use it.

Brilliant idea. +1

Archived