[2.1B4] COPPA

Guest Wolfie

Could a cookie be set for those that cancel out and then try to go back to try to 'get around' the restriction? :)

:devil: I love the pop up that tells the member that they have to either complete or cancel :devil:, but I'm not sure if that still meets the requirements (I'll be contacting CARU to see though, be cool if it met with their approval).

It's a bug report. In the past CARU has commented that using cookies was an acceptable solution to the situation, as it may be known that cookies can be erased, but it's a very reasonable step in attempting to stop/prevent the bug from being exploited.

Again, go argue it with CARU.

Again, its not about CARU, I just think its a silly bug report, as its not an error, or something not working, its a feature thats not there, a security feature.

But I cant be bothered to argue, It will get looked at either way, so meh. I personally hope it doesnt get fixed for 2.1 final, its just more delays, and its pointless, Imagine an inexperienced user, clicking the wrong button, then they cant register without sending a fax.

Look, I'm aware that you dislike me. Frankly I don't care. But I think it's rather poor of you to let that make you uncaring towards the safety of the children of the world by discouraging the fixing of a bug so that many forum owners that use the feature will NOT be in compliance with the law. If you have anything to say on this matter, say it through one of the staff or say something constructive. Thank you.

First: It doesn't matter if its a bug report, feature suggestion etc, there is no need to post for the sole reason to complain that the member has posted in the wrong forum.

Second: When I was 11 I learnt how to delete my cookies and clear my cache.

Archived