A feature i have wanted for ever!

Guest Mr Blah

is their a way to have the forums like this.

-a main category(xbox)
--category (xbox cheats)
---children forums (xbox cheats for mario)
----the forums that go in the children(walkthrough for mario)
--category (xbox games)
---children forums (halo2)
----the forums that go in the children(something about halo2)

i want something like that. if i didnt expain please let me know. Also could you add spell check to the forum. Here is a picture of the spell check logo you could use. spell17kp.gif or spell9xf.gif

Also could you add spell check to the forum. Here is a picture of the spell check logo you could use.

spell17kp.gif

or

spell9xf.gif
Already available in the new software - go to 'My Controls', board settings and at the bottom change the setting from 'Standard Editor' to 'Rich Text Editor'. You will now get a spellchecker button towards the top right of the post box.

Already available in the new software - go to 'My Controls', board settings and at the bottom change the setting from 'Standard Editor' to 'Rich Text Editor'. You will now get a spellchecker button towards the top right of the post box.

O_o no there isn't...

Oh, i've never saw that before... but i'd need to install ispell and since i hate ie i won't bother... lots of i's there... :)

you need IE 6 and certian office components.

Quillz i dont know what you mean. And Invisionpower staff could you add this feature then?

What you want is already possible in v2.0.x and v2.1.x

Root forum
--Sub forum #1
----Sub sub forum #1
--Sub forum #2
----Sub sub forum #2
------Sub sub sub forum #2
--------Sub sub sub sub forum #2

It's already possible. It's a tree like structure, and you can have a seemingly unlimited depth of sub forums within each other.

Also could you add spell check to the forum. Here is a picture of the spell check logo you could use.

spell17kp.gif

or

spell9xf.gif

That would be a terrible strain on the resources. It's better off as a mod for those who don't mind bring their forums to a state of molasses.

But I want it to that you can see the forums.

Root forum (you can see this)
--Sub forum #1 (this would be a catagory)
----Sub sub forum #1(This would be a forum)
-----Sub sub sub forum #1 (you cannot see this one without going into sub sub forum #1)
----Sub sub forum #1 1/2 (this would be a form)
--Sub forum #2 (this would be another catagory)
----Sub sub forum #2 (this would be the main forum)
------Sub sub sub forum #2(this would be inside of the forum)

So what i want is you can put different catagories in the root forum. So lets put it this way. I would make the root forum about

xbox (this would be the main topic)
--Sub forum #1 ((this would be a catagory)Xbox Games)
----Sub sub forum #1((This would be a forum)Halo2)
-----Sub sub sub forum #1 ((you cannot see this one without going into Halo2's forum)Guides for halo2)
--Sub forum #2 ((this would be a catagory)Xbox Cheats)
----Sub sub forum #2 ((this would be the main forum)Halo2 Cheats)
-----Sub sub sub forum #2 ((you cannot see this one without going into Halo2's forum)Walkthrough for halo2)

Now do you get it?

How about this...

What's the difference between what you want, and the way it is on THESE forums?

Like to get here, the path is this:
Invision Power Services > Company Product Development > Invision Power Board > Invision Power Board Feature Suggestions

Or in tree form:
Invision Power Services
--Company Product Development
----Invision Power Board
------Invision Power Board Feature Suggestions

No I didn't listen to it because I read it. :)

If you look at the first reply you got, it would appear that you either don't know how to describe what you are wanting, or you don't realize that it's already possible.

A picture would help though, or an example link, because sometimes it's easier to see than to describe.

Archived