Hide individual forums.

Guest Quillz

I don't know how useful this suggestion will be, but I'd like to bring it up, anyway...

You know how it's possible to hide individual categories? Well, I think it would be cool if individual forums inside categories could be hidden. For example, on the IPS Company Forums, some forums are completely inaccessible, depending on what services have been paid for/haven't paid for. Since those forums are completely useless to me, they take up screen space. It'd be cool to be able to hide it just like a category; only the name of the forum would be displayed; there would be no description, no topics, replies, views, etc. Just a thought.

I don't know how useful this suggestion will be, but I'd like to bring it up, anyway...

You know how it's possible to hide individual categories? Well, I think it would be cool if individual [i]forums[/i] inside categories could be hidden. For example, on the IPS Company Forums, some forums are completely inaccessible, depending on what services have been paid for/haven't paid for. Since those forums are completely useless to me, they take up screen space. It'd be cool to be able to hide it just like a category; only the name of the forum would be displayed; there would be no description, no topics, replies, views, etc. Just a thought.

This is a feature already. Catagories and forums are the same thing, its whether or not they contain posts or not is different. For IPS's forums they choose to lock them rather than hide them so you see "what you're missing"

This is a feature already. Catagories and forums are the same thing, its whether or not they contain posts or not is different. For IPS's forums they choose to lock them rather than hide them so you see "what you're missing"

Oh, I know that already. What I'm saying is a user can manually hide individual forums, if the forums are visible but inacessible (like what IPS did with the customer forums to non-customers.) Like I said, I doubt this would work, but it'd be interesting, since it could help save more screen space.

Archived