Reputation Points

Guest Psammead

I just went to a vBulletin forum and they have reputation points.

I love that idea.

I was just wondering if Invision Power board has this? or something like this.

I haven't got a forum yet because I'm getting one this christmas.

How much does it cost for the forum alone?

• 8 months later...

reputation point as a default systemwould do soooo much good . it can be Turned off by default .. but i hate making changes in php files and mysql unless absolutely neccesary as its a pain upgrading them per version

That's why modders are being encouraged to use the built in features to make mods for IPB, so that less PHP editing will be necessary. There are several mods out there that will handle the SQL changes for you.

As for the feature, to be honest, a topic rating feature I think is a bit iffy but I can see potential for it in a professional setting. Rating people on the other hand seems a bit childish and could make IPB seem as though it's aimed for younger age groups instead of remaining what it is already, a product that has professional qualities, rather affordable price and intelligent/structural design.

You'll find many people being against a feature like this. Don't let it get you down though, because in the end there's only one person that really matters, and that's Matt. If he wants to add it in, he will.

i dont agree

reputation point as a default systemwould do soooo much good . it can be Turned off by default .. but i hate making changes in php files and mysql unless absolutely neccesary as its a pain upgrading them per version

ya ... i want Matt's personal paypal account .. willing to send him $100 paypal LOL to get this ;)

This should definatly be left as a mod, its just extra bloat. vB is almost as feature-packed as MS Word (most people only use 20% of the features), and a really poor board that has high demand on the server.

At the end of the day, mabye 1% of IPB users want this, and would have any use for it, and the rest of it would find it an annoyance and just another pointless feature clogging the adminCP.

Thats why we make a mod.

I would suggest asking at invisionIZE or another site. Good luck. :)

PS. I dont know if any currency conversion offices exist to convert $100 LOL into any proper money. :rolleyes:

• 4 weeks later...

Archived