Is anyone considering to go live with v5 beta?

Cedric V

Loving the Beta, but I'm not clear to use it for my public site right now. There are some things that I need before I move forward:

- Clarity from IPS on how Status Updates will be treated post-upgrade (ideally would like the ability to convert to topics as discussed with Matt, but if no plans I may need to wait for a third-party solution)

- Third Party Apps: Member Shop and Profile Gift V5 support (current dev has abandoned it so waiting to see if someone else will pick it up or if I need to ask a third party to build a custom solution)

- A few feature tweaks and design issues that will likely be addressed in RC or 5.1+ releases

- Testing 'converting' old V4 theme designs to V5 (which will likely take time on my side), playing around with theme hooks etc to do so.

For new communities or those completely staring over I think even in Beta V5 is in a good place for general use though.

4 hours ago, SeNioR- said:

Thanks for sharing, @SeNioR-!

1 hour ago, 2TonWaffle said:

I love what you did with the fanclubs site, this is what IC5 is all about. I'm just drawing a lot of inspiration from those who are posting their forums, and I'm on the side of I'll wait until IC5 is released. 

Heh, thanks! I upgraded Fan Clubs to the beta since I’m okay with bugs while I build it out. I’m waiting until IC5 is further along before upgrading my other community, however.

I found that my themes from v. 4 will not be correct with v. 5 and therefore I created a new home page.
She is at the address

https://nophelet.com/consults/
which will be offline in a few hours.
I've also applied optimization tricks and despite some bugs I've reported, here's a current PSI test result.
Of course, I still have work , but there is still time until the final implementation of the version...

Could contain: File, Webpage, Page, Text

Could contain: File, Webpage, Page, Text

Yes am online with new 5 beta 1 , My son drive swedish championship in drifting motorsport. still working on it but alot is done and i use pages databases to do much , all is done with , out of the box IC5 . have not touch any templates and have no apps more then invision communiny classic installed .. I have Self-hosted installation

https://eadrifting.se

Cheers Chris

PS* Am using 3 databases, Sponsors, Suggestions, Bugtracker . And working on a garage modul for our cars to use on site , all have i done in pages app

Edited by Chris59

On 10/21/2024 at 1:53 AM, SeNioR- said:

Thanks for sharing! 👌

My community is new, and it wasn't hard for me to make the decision to upgrade even if it is the first beta. I thought I'd kill two birds with one stone and help the team out with ironing out any upgrade issues that came along with v5. If you have a larger community or one that has been established for a long period of time, I would hold off until the majority of these early bugs are fixed.