Reduce the number of revisions stored

Balto

Hello,

starting from the issue I have reported here, I think it would be great to add an option to decide for how long to keep revisions in the Pages application.

I have many records in pages, and some of those records are edited several times per day. I do not need those revisions to be kept FOREVER, and I would like an option to automatically delete the revisions after X days/weeks/months/years.

This would avoid keeping revisions forever, which is slowly but inexorably increasing the size of my database.

Thank you!

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Marc said:

On the file itself. For example, if you click one "change log" on here, you will see past releases of the developer tools

Article revisions.

We turned on Your Database name> Edit > Options tab> Store revisions - ON.

It says "When users or admins edit the items in this database, a copy of the original item will be stored which can be restored or compared later"

Where can we access Article revisions?

Edited by WebCMS

1 hour ago, Nathan Explosion said:

The answer you gave is in relation to Downloads, not Pages, hence the confusion.

Could contain: Page, Text, Number, Symbol

I'm logged in as admin. The Revisions link is missing on the frontend articles for us from the beginning. We only see the Article Actions button menu.

On CiC.

Just now, WebCMS said:

I'm logged in as admin. The Revisions link is missing on the frontend articles for us from the beginning. We only see the Article Actions button menu.

On CiC.

Have you only just switched on "store revisions"? And have you changed one of them since?

55 minutes ago, Marc said:

The issue you are having there is with your custom theme unfortunately. When creating a default unaltered theme on your site, the revision button is showing 

Its class is found to be conflicting with another item on Events page.

#elCalendarSettings, a.ipsButton.ipsButton_link.ipsButton_verySmall.ipsButton_fullWidth
.ipsApp .ipsButton_link

Created a Feedback request for a unique ID or class for Revisions link

I can view revisions for now using the vanilla theme, tweaking the CSS in the inspector or using <article-url>/?do=revisions

Would be nice to have a unique id/class assigned as above.

Edited by WebCMS

49 minutes ago, WebCMS said:
#elCalendarSettings, a.ipsButton.ipsButton_link.ipsButton_verySmall.ipsButton_fullWidth

Your CSS here is attributing your style to #elCalendarSettings OR a.ipsButton.ipsButton_link.ipsButton_verySmall.ipsButton_fullWidth . Think of a comma as an OR statement, "Find this element OR this element, etc... and apply the following styling"

As a.ipsButton.ipsButton_link.ipsButton_verySmall.ipsButton_fullWidth is extremely common within the suite, you're applying this in a lot of places.

1 hour ago, Jim M said:

Your CSS here is attributing your style to #elCalendarSettings OR a.ipsButton.ipsButton_link.ipsButton_verySmall.ipsButton_fullWidth . Think of a comma as an OR statement, "Find this element OR this element, etc... and apply the following styling"

As a.ipsButton.ipsButton_link.ipsButton_verySmall.ipsButton_fullWidth is extremely common within the suite, you're applying this in a lot of places.

The Download menu option on events page and Download Event on event detail page needed to be hidden.

#elCalendarSettings worked on events page hiding the entire dropdown button menu (including the Subscribe submenu option as a side effect). Hiding just the Download submenu option wasn't possible as the same selector was used for both submenus.

a.ipsButton.ipsButton_link.ipsButton_verySmall.ipsButton_fullWidth worked on event detail page.

There is no option to disable event downloads in the ACP which would be more ideal (modified my feedback) -

8 minutes ago, WebCMS said:

The Download menu option on events page and Download Event on event detail page needed to be hidden.

#elCalendarSettings worked on events page hiding the entire dropdown button menu (including the Subscribe submenu option as a side effect). Hiding just the Download submenu option wasn't possible as the same selector was used for both submenus.

a.ipsButton.ipsButton_link.ipsButton_verySmall.ipsButton_fullWidth worked on event detail page.

There is no option to disable event downloads in the ACP which would be more ideal (modified my feedback) -

Just want you to be aware of what you're doing with CSS will impact other areas so it is best when you come across these issues to test without your customizations 😉 . If you want to do what you're doing now, you would need to utilize parent selectors to chain specifically that button on that page or create a theme hook.