Optimize the Database

Balto

Hello,

the database on my website is getting very heavy, and I need to find a way to make it lighter because it can not keep growing and growing.

Here are the heaviest tables:

11,1 GiB IPcms_database_revisions.ibd
4,4 GiB IPforums_posts.ibd
3,7 GiB IPcore_edit_history.ibd
3,0 GiB IPcore_log.ibd
1,6 GiB IPcore_search_index.ibd

Especially the IPcms_database_revisions I think can be optimized. Is there a way to automatically delete revisions older than x days/weeks/months/years?

Thank you in advance!

There is no way in which to reduce the number of revisions. If you opt to keep revisions, it will keep all of them. Feel free to post that up as a suggestion there.

posts - Of course this is as large as the amount of items you have on forums. You cannot change this unless you delete content on yoru site

edit_history - You can amend how much is stored in System>Settings>Posting 

log - Go to the support area of your admin CP, and visit System logs or Error logs. Each of those has settings in which you can choose how much to store

Search_index - This is the index for searching your site. You wont be able to reduce this.

46 minutes ago, Marc said:

There is no way in which to reduce the number of revisions. If you opt to keep revisions, it will keep all of them. Feel free to post that up as a suggestion there.

posts - Of course this is as large as the amount of items you have on forums. You cannot change this unless you delete content on yoru site

edit_history - You can amend how much is stored in System>Settings>Posting 

log - Go to the support area of your admin CP, and visit System logs or Error logs. Each of those has settings in which you can choose how much to store

Search_index - This is the index for searching your site. You wont be able to reduce this.

Hello Marc, thank you for your reply.

Out of this 24GB, almost half (11GB) is taken from database revisions, and I will never need 99% of them. I have lots of records in pages, some of them are edited on a daily basis, and I do not need revisions to be kept for more than X months. Is there a way to bulk delete them, in order to free up space in the database?

Thank you!