Subscriptions - Usergroup Restrictions

Como

Hi all,

I'm surely missing something, but I am trying to set up subscriptions, but restricted to certain usergroups. I wish to do this initially for testing purposes.

When launching proper, subscriptions should be unavailable to guests. I also need to a way to remove access to subscription services for some members (those banned from their use).

The purpose of the subscription scheme is to assign a secondary group to allow access to a community add-on feature. (Two levels of subscription, actually.)

I also wish to add an unconnected subscription option, again, with the ability to disallow access for those within a specific 'banned' usergroup.

Both subscription schemes require a certain level of responsible behavior from members. Hence my need to be able prevent access for those who fail to understand how to behave. (I would necessarily wish to ban them from the community outright.)

Thanks.

Posted (edited)

Hi @Marc

Thanks for the reply.

I suppose I can limit access (for individuals) at the payment processor end, but that's not ideal. And I can use what you have suggested for testing purposes.

What I miss (from SMF) is the three permissions system:

• Allow
  • Disallow
  • Deny

When 'deny' in any usergroup would override 'allow' from another. I can't imagine that kind of change is on the cards here, but it makes a lot of things much easier to manage.

Is it possible to have two subscription systems?

1. Standalone option 1
  2. Standalone option 2
    1. Tear 1
    2. Tear 2

I guess I can test it out for myself now, using your suggestion of module permissions to limit access during testing.

Edited by Como