Commerce User Group Retention

So, recently we enabled the option for members on our site to upgrade subscriptions from a lower tier to a higher tier; However, it seems that when a member purchases a subscription then upgrades to another subscription package; Where the subscriptions both change primary groups, upon the upgraded tier expiring the customer retains the previous subscription package role..

I'm not sure if this in intended behaviour; Or an issue specifically on our end.

On 8/12/2024 at 9:21 AM, Marc said:

It should change their group back to what it was before they purchased, if its working correctly. We would need an example to take a look at, if you believe this is not happening

Hi Marc, apologies for the belated response,
I've got a timeline for the events as follows;

• User renewed an existing subscription on May 1st,
  • User Cancelled renewals of the subscription on May 25th
  • User upgraded from subscription to higher subscription on July 4th
  • User paid the upgrade amount on the same day.
  • User's subscription expired the following month "Expiring purchase (UPGRADED TIER) changed from (UPGRADED TIER) to Multimart (LOWER TIER)".

From what I can tell, the user's upgraded subscription, expired then down-tiered to the previous tier, instead of being placed back into the group they were originally in at the start... Another anomaly here, is the grace period was previously set as three days but was changed down to one; That doesn't seem to have affected this specific subscription, unlike the others it did affect. 

Due to the nature of this, I can't reveal a lot publicly; If more information is needed feel free to let me known some options in terms of private communication where possible.

We would need to look further into this for you, however the access details on file appear to be incorrect or missing. Could you please update these details by visiting your client area, selecting the relevant purchase, then clicking "Review/Update Access Information" under the "Stored Access Information" section. 

We look forward to further assisting you. 

On 8/16/2024 at 8:03 AM, Marc said:

We would need to look further into this for you, however the access details on file appear to be incorrect or missing. Could you please update these details by visiting your client area, selecting the relevant purchase, then clicking "Review/Update Access Information" under the "Stored Access Information" section. 

We look forward to further assisting you. 

The details have been updated accordingly.