Permissions for "Questions" board

Leon de Graaff
Go to solution Solved by Jim M,

I'm setting up a locked off "questions" part on our dev forum and I notice that the Administrator is allowed to access this part of the forum even tough it doesn't have permissions to do anything with it. 
If I do the same thing with a normal discussion forum and turn off the permissions for the Administrator the Administrator can't see it. These are 2 very different behaviors and I'm wondering if that's intentional or accidental.   

Settings: 
Could contain: Text

Front end:
Could contain: Page, Text, File, Webpage

Top topic is made by a different user so expected would be that the Admin (me) could not see it

This is a Discussion board with the same settings:
Could contain: Text, Computer, Electronics, Laptop, Pc

It should NOT be underneath the "contact" category, so it works as expected:
Could contain: Page, Text

Am I missing a setting? Is this something that works as expected? If so, why does this type of board have a different behavior as the other types?

Does the user in question have more than 1 group attributed to them? Do any of those other groups have access? If so, this would cause that.

Otherwise, we would need the forum name and an example user's display name (or ID) to investigate. Along with access:

We would need to look further into this for you, however the access details on file appear to be incorrect or missing. Could you please update these details by visiting your client area, selecting the relevant purchase, then clicking "Review/Update Access Information" under the "Stored Access Information" section. 

We look forward to further assisting you. 

• Solution
16 minutes ago, Leon de Graaff said:

There is no group that allows seeing posts from other people. 

Group (id=7) has access to forum (id=146) can post and see own topics. But is not allowed to see others topics. 

I've updated the login info, if you need any further information, please let me know. 

Seeing posts from other people is not a permission on the forum itself but rather a moderator permission in ACP -> Members -> Staff -> Moderators. If Administrator group is an unrestricted moderator, they would have this permission.

Just a heads up, if there are any further comments for us to inspect, please ensure that you include email address in the Client Area Access Details as that is what your community is requiring.