Post before registering issue

AshieF73

Earlier today I updated the forum software to 4.7.3 since then the email address linked to our forums account received a lot of email bounce backs from non recognised email addresses.  All of them have the following as the original email sent out by our forum/email account:

Did you forget to submit your content?

Thanks for your submission! Before your content can be seen by other members, we need to create an account for you.

Finish Submitting

I posted about this issue in August here and I was told to turn off the setting 'Post before registering' which is enabled by default.  That solved the issues we were having.  However since this morning and the time I updated to 4.7.3 our email account started getting these bounce backs and our office 365 email account was just suspended because due to potential compromised activity of outgoing messages.

I have checked and the 'Post before registering' setting is still turned off so I am at a loss whats causing the problem.

Could the emails being sent out today be from prior to August where the database had stored users yet to register details and the upgrade sparked those email reminders being sent out?

Anybody from Invision able to help?  Because you no longer offer direct support requests I would welcome some help from the company on this issue.  I have had to shut the email account associated with our forums down overnight so no genuine users can register at the moment

Please could you check the contents o these are the same, as if that setting is switched off, nobody should be getting those emails at all. 

1 hour ago, AshieF73 said:

Anybody from Invision able to help?  Because you no longer offer direct support requests I would welcome some help from the company on this issue.

Please be aware that support issues can be up to 72 hours. While we are nowhere near this long, there will be times where it takes longer to respond. These are direct support requests, they are simply in a different location than they were previously.