Advertisement Placement

A couple of things. I am using custom made images for a advertisement. I created an image for Desktop and one for Mobile. I set them for each. I must say, being able to apply different size images for different device screen sizes is very nice, and it works perfectly. I grabbed the corner of my desktop window and started scaling it down, and the image changes to the mobile version just as it should. Thumbs up for this!

----------------------------------------------------------------

Now my issue. First, on the Advertisements page in the section 'Shows to', I wanted to first test it out and make sure it worked and looked properly, so I set it to just show to Administrator, which I am. But on the front end, the image never showed. When I changed the 'Shows to' option to 'Everyone', the image then showed up. Any ideas on what setting I am missing, or why it did not show when set to Administrator?

UPDATE:I figured out why the Advertisement was not showing to me when I set it to just show to Administrator. My profile is set to Administrator for Primary Group, and for Secondary Group I was also in the Moderator and Member groups. Once I took myself out of the Secondary Groups, and tried to show the Advertisement just to Administrator again, it worked, I was able to see it. So consider the first issue resolved.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Need Help With The Following

2nd, When I set the image to show 'Just below the page header', it actually showed in the exact spot I wanted it to. The thing is, I only want it to show on my forums homepage. Not sure if that is the proper word to use, "homepage", or would it be "index", I'm not sure. But I only want the image to show in the main page of the forum, not on every page. The main reason for this is because I designed the image as the same width of the boxes below it, so it fits perfectly when on the home page, once you visit a different page then the image shows by itself, there are no sidebar widgets, so it doesn't fit the whole width of the area. 

3rd, I did try the 'Define your own locations' setting, but I do not know which template file I need to edit for it to show ONLY on my forums main page, just below the page header.

I would greatly appreciate any help with this, Thank you!

Edited by SC36DC

• 1 month later...