Foreign IP's

Hey everyone, I was going through the IP's of guests showing on my who's online...I have a ton from Syria, Iran, Brazil, ect. Any idea what that's all about?

Also, is there a member list that members can look to see who are members on the site? I know admins can within the ACP, but not seeing anywhere that a regular member can see.

thanks in advance.

It's called the Staff Directory. That can include admins, moderators, members, etc. Make sure it's included in your Settings>Menu Manager. You can choose what individuals/groups to include. Mine is filed/buried in the Menu Manager's "More" tab under "Browse," but you might want yours to be more visible.

1463584628_Screenshot(1378).thumb.png.1d99801f589df4c7144a39bc377dbfc5.png

If you want to grant access to the online users list, in System>Settings>Site Features>Applications expand "System" and make sure "Online Users" is enabled. Then you can click on the padlock and choose which user groups can access the module. I have mine set so that only logged in users can view the online users list, and as can be seen in the pic above, I have Online Users more prominently featured with its own tab in the Menu Manager, unlike my Staff directory which you kind of have to look around for.

165179086_onlineusersmodule.thumb.jpg.fae9517dc62e0551169d840e16027910.jpg

3 minutes ago, dieselpowered said:

Thanks very much, looks like guest can see the activity feed and I am not seeing how to restrict that. Thoughts?

What do you mean by "activity feed"? Do you mean they are able to see the online users list with IP addresses? 

Just now, tonyv said:

What do you mean by "activity feed"? Do you mean they are able to see the online users list with IP addresses? 

No I mean the activity area that shows a timeline of everything going on...shows if people changed their profile pictures, shows who registered on the site, shows all kinds of stuff.

24 minutes ago, dieselpowered said:

No I mean the activity area that shows a timeline of everything going on...shows if people changed their profile pictures, shows who registered on the site, shows all kinds of stuff.

I think that would be the permissions setting (padlock) in the Content Discovery module (see pic above). You can choose which groups can access the module. Just uncheck Guests.

Archived