'tasks' on -TESTINSTALL installation

4 minutes ago, Ryan Ashbrook said:

Add this to your constants.php:

define( 'EMAIL_DEBUG_PATH', '/path/to/uploads' );

That will prevent emails from being sent out.

will it also prevent commerce from trying to collect renewals?

17 hours ago, SJ77 said:

will it also prevent commerce from trying to collect renewals?

No, but you can set NEXUS_TEST_GATEWAYS to true for that.

// Enable test/sandbox mode for Commerce payment gateways?
				// Sets all payment gateways into test/sandbox mode and makes a generic "Test Gateway"
				// which just acts as if a payment was successful available. Is used in development
				// so they can be tested without actually taking any money.
				'NEXUS_TEST_GATEWAYS' => FALSE,

13 minutes ago, bfarber said:

No, but you can set NEXUS_TEST_GATEWAYS to true for that.

// Enable test/sandbox mode for Commerce payment gateways?
				// Sets all payment gateways into test/sandbox mode and makes a generic "Test Gateway"
				// which just acts as if a payment was successful available. Is used in development
				// so they can be tested without actually taking any money.
				'NEXUS_TEST_GATEWAYS' => FALSE,

This is desperately needed

Can you explain a little bit more what I need to put and where?

• 8 months later...

Just to note on the test gateways one: some providers (off the top of my head, I think Stripe is the only one) don't use that constant but give you different keys for test/live environments.

Those two (emails and gateways) are the big ones, but there are probably quite a few others. For example, every now and again we get people who have managed to block themselves in our Spam Defense service by registering several accounts on a test site. Really you should avoid using any live data (like real people's emails) and disable all integrations with external sites/services on a test install.

2 hours ago, Mark said:

Just to note on the test gateways one: some providers (off the top of my head, I think Stripe is the only one) don't use that constant but give you different keys for test/live environments.

So to be clear, even with this:

define( 'NEXUS_TEST_GATEWAYS', true );

, Stripe will still work and process a real purchase?

• 7 months later...
On 12/29/2019 at 3:37 AM, Mark said:

Yes. To put Stripe into test mode you need to use the test mode API keys from your Stripe account.

Is it enough to simply remove Stripe as a payment method, Mark? I'm asking because our Stripe account is tied to another colleague's phone for 2FA (she's administration and finance, so this is her area, whereas development etc falls to me), so now that I'm trying to log in at 23:10, having just become aware that people are being charged referrals from our test installation, I can't access Stripe to get the alternative keys.

On 12/28/2019 at 9:37 PM, Mark said:

Yes. To put Stripe into test mode you need to use the test mode API keys from your Stripe account.

This just got us and we accidentally charged a customer twice with a copy of our production database. It would be nice to add an additional setting for Stripe configuration to enter in test API keys, so that this flag actually works.