Owner and Leader of the Club. Any concept?

Sonya*

Hi,

we have over 200 clubs migrated from the 3.X Groups. They are very active and we start to optimize them. The most clubs are created by admin, users are not allowed to create clubs in our community. When the clubs are created, then a fake user "Club Administrator" is the owner of the club, till one of the members wants to be a leader of the club. 

One of the things I do not really understand is - why there is an owner and the leader? What is the concept behind these two? Do you use both in your community? Can you give an example how do you define them and why? How do you decide who is the owner and who is the leader? Why the leader of the club cannot change the description of the club? And why is there no permission for it, so that we can define WHO can change the description.

I stack here and look for the clear concept to separate owners and leaders.

Sonya 

Owner - the creator of a club and only he has the right to dispose of his own creation as owner.

Leaders- Leaders can moderate content and manage members in the group, including making other members Leaders. Leaders get their rights from the owner.

In other words, the club's owner is the club's main administrator. The leader is a global club's moderator.

The leader can moderate, manage members and also create new features, he can everything except of changing description of the club. This is the only difference I have found. Or is there anything else? 

I mean: just changing a club description is the only thing the owner can but not the leader. All other functions are available for both. Right? For me it does not really make sense to create two levels of users with only one difference in the permissions. Or do I miss something? 

4 minutes ago, Sonya* said:

The leader can moderate, manage members and also create new features, he can everything except of changing description of the club. This is the only difference I have found. Or is there anything else?  

He can not change the owner. Can not sell a club.

premier league smile GIF by Manchester City

9 minutes ago, Sonya* said:

We do not allow to sell clubs. They are ours! :biggrin: 

On 2/9/2019 at 11:05 AM, Sonya* said:

When the clubs are created, then a fake user "Club Administrator" is the owner of the club, till one of the members wants to be a leader of the club.  

And do you have any account access data for those owners?

41 minutes ago, Adlago said:

And do you have any account access data for those owners?

This is a fake user. We do not want to replace the owner of the club created by US. On the other hand we would like to delegate the club administration to a user who is active in the club for some time and would like to be a leader. The only difficulty we have is an additional club field we have created. This field is now used to add news and announcements for the club. But the leader cannot edit the field. That is where we stack at the moment. We do not want to give away an ownership but we need to make one additional field editable by a club leader. :sad:

Archived