Blogs

Wren

Hi,

With the blogs at the group level there seems to be the option to let them do this: "

The user will be able to: edit comments and entries, delete comments and entries, and lock entries from further comments. "

I want our members to be able to have comments turned on or off; but not to have control over deleting and editing others comments - is there a way to do this instead?

Thanks

The only way to achieve this, at least the only one that comes to my mind, is to use moderator permissions. You could allow single users to lock/unlock articles within their own blogs. That, of course, takes a lot of effort to set up, especially when you have multiple users that are allowed to create blogs (one moderator permission for every user and his or her blogs).

Thanks, I was hoping for something easier so that members could just say yes or not to having comments on blogs without so much behind the scenes work 🙂  that work around sounds a lot of work as you said but thanks for thinking it through - much appreciated

Archived