Placing Files on the Server

Hello! I have been attempting for the last month or so to install ArrowChat on my community - or rather, have a technician install it - but the technician wants to know "how to put physical files on the server via SSH or FTP" and I don't know how this is done. Could someone be so kind as to post step-by-step instructions that I can then forward to the technician?

Thanks in advance!

1 hour ago, The Redheaded Rogue said:

Hello! I have been attempting for the last month or so to install ArrowChat on my community - or rather, have a technician install it - but the technician wants to know "how to put physical files on the server via SSH or FTP" and I don't know how this is done. Could someone be so kind as to post step-by-step instructions that I can then forward to the technician?

Thanks in advance!

hmmm do not think you mean what you are saying ... otherwise you are saying that your 'technician' doesn't know how to ftp

If you are on IPS cloud (hosted by IPS) then unlikely you can add anything like that as ftp access not allowed (I could be wrong though but that is what I recall)

The technician probably isn't asking how to do it, but merely what the login credentials are.

You have somewhere that login information, else you would not have been able to install a self-hosted copy of IPS. Perhaps that information was sent to you when you first purchased whatever you now use for hosting your forum.

Archived