Use AJAX pagination?

Duken

Well, a long time ago (IPB 3.*) i used AJAX pagination with gave a problem on the site. I turned it on because i heard the site should be faster. Because of the problems i disabled ajax.

A few years later (today) i was clicking in the Theme settings and saw the setting: Use AJAX pagination?

At the moment it is turned off, but before i turning it on i want to know at it really does. I search google, search the IPB community but its not clear. Is is better to turn on AJAX? Why should you do it, just the loading times or is there more? 

Hope someone can help me out.

https://www.duken.nl

Duken

11 hours ago, Duken said:

Well, a long time ago (IPB 3.*) i used AJAX pagination with gave a problem on the site. I turned it on because i heard the site should be faster. Because of the problems i disabled ajax.

A few years later (today) i was clicking in the Theme settings and saw the setting: Use AJAX pagination?

At the moment it is turned off, but before i turning it on i want to know at it really does. I search google, search the IPB community but its not clear. Is is better to turn on AJAX? Why should you do it, just the loading times or is there more? 

Hope someone can help me out.

https://www.duken.nl

Duken

With you using Adsense you have no option but to leave it turned off. They don't play nice together at all and create loading issues.

1 minute ago, Duken said:

Well, thats clear... ? Thank you.

(Still no idea what it really does, but no adsense means AJAX off ? )

Sorry, my understanding is and happy to be corrected by the more intelligent, it simply allows you to load just the next page of content without reloading the header and other parts of the site, which uses less resources, makes it all a little bit quicker. 

Archived