Admin CP remains after demotion

EOMA

During a test today, I noticed that several of my test users still had access to Admin CP even after they were demoted to a regular user.

I am on IPS hosting running  v4.2.3.

I have cleared browser cookies and am wondering if this will update "soon", as opposed to be immediate, or there is a update query (somewhere) as there is in vB?

Thanks

The effect should be immediate.

Firstly, check they do not have any secondary groups that permit admin access.

If in any doubt go to ACP > System > Security > Click (top right) > List Administrators , that should show you a list of who has access.

It would also be worth quickly checking this another way too. Go to ACP > Members > Staff > Administrators > Examine any groups (or individual members) present here.

If you have any third party plugins that effect member permissions (in any way at all) it would be worth temporarily disabling them to double check they are not causing this for some reason, but that seems unlikely.

There is another possibility to do with manual editing of the configuration file but as you're on IPS Hosting that is not really possible anyway so we should be able to rule that out.

Thanks Andy for the suggestions.

It transpires I had forgotten I had allowed my moderators (and test users) access to a couple of admin areas, so while they were not in the Admin group, they were allowed an AdminCP login to access these areas. :wub:

Thanks again.

28 minutes ago, Bacman said:

Thanks Andy for the suggestions.

It transpires I had forgotten I had allowed my moderators (and test users) access to a couple of admin areas, so while they were not in the Admin group, they were allowed an AdminCP login to access these areas. :wub:

Thanks again.

You're welcome. :) Thanks for the "like" and perhaps more importantly posting back with the findings in your case. This may help someone in the future who finds this topic via a search who has a similar concern.

That's part of the reason I tried to "cover a few bases" in one post rather than do individual "can you check xyz" so if the first item you checked was OK you'd have something else to look at etc.

:)

Archived