Remove All Avatars

joshuaj

Hi,

I'm helping someone using IPS4 rebuild their website. Long story short, their host shut down overnight and they lost some data.

I've restored the database and the board works. I'm having issues with broken images (like avatars.)

Is there a way that I can reset all avatars so that I don't have broken images?

There is no tools to reset broken avatar. The only way to do this is using SQL script to set this manually.

In IPS 4.2.x, you can set every member using the first letter of their display name as an avatar. (called letter avatar) You can set this first via ACP > Members > Profiles > Profiles Settings and select "Generate profile photos from first letter of the member's display name.

Letter.thumb.png.23af557bd49db9f86d0afd0d9c2cdc8f.png

After set this, run the following SQL in the community database.

UPDATE `ipb_core_members` SET `pp_photo_type`='letter' WHERE 1

However, I recommend that you should tell the owner of the IPS community license to open a service ticket to IPS staff directly. They can manage to do this without a risk from 3rd party advice like me.

52 minutes ago, Foolboy said:

There is no tools to reset broken avatar. The only way to do this is using SQL script to set this manually.

In IPS 4.2.x, you can set every member using the first letter of their display name as an avatar. (called letter avatar) You can set this first via ACP > Members > Profiles > Profiles Settings and select "Generate profile photos from first letter of the member's display name.

Letter.thumb.png.23af557bd49db9f86d0afd0d9c2cdc8f.png

After set this, run the following SQL in the community database.

UPDATE `ipb_core_members` SET `pp_photo_type`='letter' WHERE 1

However, I recommend that you should tell the owner of the IPS community license to open a service ticket to IPS staff directly. They can manage to do this without a risk from 3rd party advice like me.

Thank you for the feedback and information. I'll let the board owner know. 

Archived