How to test developing plugin?

Dima Turchenko

Hello! 

First of all I want to ask - How I will test my developing plugin while i am working on it?

Do i need always create xml file, then install, then try to use plugin? I mean in usual cases u write some code refresh page and see what is wrong, how it will happen in plugin(application) development here?

Second - now I set DEV mode, all going good but after some manipulation with plugin which i develop there is some error at the frontend of suite!
in /­system/­Theme/­Dev/­Template.php88

BadMethodCallException

COPY

NO_TEMPLATE_FILE -

but in admin area nothing change and works pretty well! I am sure that I didnt do anything wrong!!!

Thanks

Hello,

8 hours ago, Dima Turchenko said:

First of all I want to ask - How I will test my developing plugin while i am working on it?

Use dev board.

8 hours ago, Dima Turchenko said:

Second - now I set DEV mode, all going good but after some manipulation with plugin which i develop there is some error at the frontend of suite!
in /­system/­Theme/­Dev/­Template.php88

"NO_TEMPLATE_FILE -" It's mean you use some template in your plugin but the system can't find that template.

If template is a part of your plugin create phtml file in plugins/%plugin_folder%/dev/html.

Also check app/location/group.

In html

{template="yourTemplate" app="%app%" group="%group%" location="%location%" params="$foo, $bar, $baz"}

In php

\IPS\Theme::i()->getTemplate( 'group', 'app', 'location' )->yourTemplate( $foo, $bar, $baz );

4 minutes ago, Dima Turchenko said:

I am not clearly understand about test plugins while development "Use dev board". For use plugin I must to install it, but what I am gonna install if I am not finish work with plugin? How to see some part of plugin work? 

What the difference between live and dev boards? Uses the same files, actions etc.

I have 2 test boards.

1st for development. 

2nd for testing my/other developers plugins/apps after release.

8 minutes ago, Dima Turchenko said:

How to see some part of plugin work?

Test on dev board. Or do you think I've created a plugin -> downloaded it -> installed on other board -> checked the work -> returned to dev board -> added some code -> downloaded it -> installed on other board -> checked the work -> returned to dev board -> added some code -> downloaded it -> installed on other board -> checked the work ...

I am already have two invironments :)

7 minutes ago, newbie LAC said:

Test on dev board. Or do you think I've created a plugin -> downloaded it -> installed on other board -> checked the work -> returned to dev board -> added some code -> downloaded it -> installed on other board -> checked the work -> returned to dev board -> added some code -> downloaded it -> installed on other board -> checked the work ...

Thats what I had mean and doubt about :)

OK, thank u very much!

Archived