I can't upgrade to 4.1.14

Toubacos

Hello,

I got issues with updating my IPS to the latest version. 

In preparation, I turned off the custom theme, turned off third-party application/plugins and made the standard theme that is provided with IPS the default for both the website and adminCP.

Now, when I click upgrade, it downloads the files, and tries to apply them, and then the following error is shown:

PHP Fatal error:  Uncaught IPS\Http\Url\Exception: INVALID_QUERY in C:\inetpub\edwebsite\system\Http\Url.php:957
Stack trace:
#0 C:\inetpub\edwebsite\system\Http\Url.php(209): IPS\Http\_Url::componentsFromUrlString('adsess=c2gopreh...', false)
#1 C:\inetpub\edwebsite\init.php(442) : eval()'d code(25): IPS\Http\_Url::createFromString('http://www.endd...', true, false)
#2 C:\inetpub\edwebsite\system\Request\Request.php(232): IPS\Http\cms_hook_Url::createFromString('http://www.endd...')
#3 C:\inetpub\edwebsite\system\Session\Admin.php(113): IPS\_Request->url()
#4 [internal function]: IPS\Session\_Admin->write('c2gopreh84if941...', 'forcedWrite|i:1...')
#5 [internal function]: session_write_close()
#6 {main}
  thrown in C:\inetpub\edwebsite\system\Http\Url.php on line 957

I go into the adminCP after this error and it shows this:

321c22f445.png

I click "Upgrade now" and after I log in, it shows me this:

7d18ed6fc1.png

If I click "Continue to AdminCP" it shows me this on the System Dashboard:

7d26fbe156.png

I tried using the Support feature and did everything it suggested up until the point where I need to create a ticket, and it still does not work.

I am absolutely confused right now and unsure what to do to make this simple update apply.

I hope someone can help me with this, and please keep in mind, I am relatively new to maintaining IPS to this extend.

Regards,

Toubacos.

What I ended up doing, is create a second backup of your exisiting backup (if you made one)

Manually download the IPS Community Suite from the client area

Extract the content and drag those in the backup you made and replace the files.

Then place that backup on your server, restart the website and attempt the update again.

That's what worked for me.

Sounds like you over complicated the upgrade process. Just backup the site both files and SQL. Then upload the suite, then visit the your site.com/admin/upgrade

Shouldn't need to backup a backup, put update into a backup (at that point isnt a backup anymore) and reupload. Thats too much work for the same result I put in first paragraph lol

9 minutes ago, MADMAN32395 said:

Sounds like you over complicated the upgrade process. Just backup the site both files and SQL. Then upload the suite, then visit the your site.com/admin/upgrade

Shouldn't need to backup a backup, put update into a backup (at that point isnt a backup anymore) and reupload. Thats too much work for the same result I put in first paragraph lol

Yeah, maybe haha. The thing is though, I am extremely paranoid that I will mess it up and lose data.

Archived