Stream should be filterable to ignore comments

Colonel_mortis

It should be possible to make an activity stream of new topics, in order that the topic is started, rather than just a stream of topics ordered by last updated. This is how I would expect "content items only" to work, but it doesn't, and I do understand that there is a use case for the existing content items only, so this should probably be a third filter option.

It would be even better if you could choose to display the content items only independently of how they're sorted, so it can be a topic feed, sorted by last updated like forum listings are (so you can make a stream that acts as a forum listing for multiple forums), with the ability to choose whether to preview the first post or the latest comment (in condensed view, it often makes more sense not to have the "replied to" bit for a stream like that), or it can also just be a feed of topics sorted by creation date, which can be especially useful for moderation (making sure that topics are posted in the right place).

I would like to see a sort by creation date in streams too. There's no way to list new topics.

I was thinking it could literally be part of the sort though:

ips_stream_sort.png

Live filter:

ips_stream_sort2.png

Newest activity first
Oldest activity first
Newest content item first
Oldest content item first

Easy peasy.

Just now, chilihead said:

I would like to see a sort by creation date in streams too. There's no way to list new topics.

I was thinking it could literally be part of the sort though:

ips_stream_sort.png

ips_stream_sort2.png

Easy peasy.

Newest activity first
Oldest activity first
Newest content item first
Oldest content item first

That would be good, but I would still like to be able to have the preview be the original post in the topic so that, for example, a moderator can easily see whether it's in the wrong place. That could change when you change the sort by though, since most of the time you would want to see the OP if you're sorting by start date.

Archived